Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ahhh...HOLIDAYS

I find myself being so excited for the holidays this year, and probably for the stupidest reason...Stormy will be returning to our house Friday morning...given that the kids are not gone already with their dad. We shall see.

If you do not know who Stormy is, she is our Elf on the Shelf. We got her last year, but not until right before Christmas, so this year, we will pretty much have her for a whole month. I am so beyond excited about this, but kind of worried for a few reasons. Number 1...GEMMA! Gemma is the 7 month old Lab that we have and I fear she may eat the Stormy, the tree, AND the gifts. That is just the kind of sweet baby that she is. Number 2...hoping that Stormy doesn't forget to go back to the North Pole each night and play a different trick by mornings light.

I know that Dawson knows about Santa, and he knows about the Elf too, but he don't dare spoil it for his sister, and I have NO DOUBT that she knows the truth as well, but she honestly gets so excited. Last year, (more than once) Stormy forgot to "fly" back to the North Pole I forgot to move the Elf and play a different trick, or hide her in a new, crazy, unexpected place, and boy oh boy, she (Keigan) was upset.

I will be keeping a photo journal of our time with Stormy this year and of course I will be posting it on here.

Do any of yall have an Elf on the Shelf? What kind of things has your elf done?

1 comment: