Monday, January 14, 2013

Life Changing Decisions

Those of you that may know me, know that I have some medical issues, yet I won't go to the doctor. I say medical issues, when I should say back issues, for the most part.

When I was married before, I never had medical insurance unless I was pregnant so I out of 11 years I only had medical care for 18 months. Insurance was too expensive. Thank God I never really got so sick that I needed major medical care, but during that time I did have to have my gallbladder taken out. If it had not been for my aunt, and her connections with doctors since she is nurse, that would have never happened until it became a life or death situation. So, with all of that being said, I have not had a "well woman" exam since I was pregnant with my first child. It's been about 14 years...next month. I have been told that I needed an MRI on my back, and possibly a cat scan on my head and neck to find out what causes all of my headaches, but I am so pessimistic that I have worked myself into a frenzy about going to the doctor. My dad passed away suddenly at the age of 40 from a massive heart attack, and my mom was 47 when she passed away from cancer. Can you see where I would be scared to go to the doctor? I am 35...I am not ready to die.

Well, I have made a doctors appointment and I go this week. 2 doctors appointments actually, and I go to both of them this week. One of them is for my check up and I will go over all of my concerns with the doctor, and the other one is a weight loss doctor. I am going to have weight loss surgery, as long as I am healthy enough to do it. It has already been cleared by my insurance! That is exciting!!! Also, the Hubs is thinking about having his lap band removed and having the same surgery as me. He says the lap band was the worst thing he has ever done. He does not eat a meal that he doesn't get "hung up" and end up not being able to finish his food right away, and 9 times out of 10, he ends up getting sick in order to get "unhung" and he really has not benefited from the band anyway.

So, here is to hoping for nothing but good news from my primary doctor Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...lucky you!! Maybe someday ill get ins too!! Lol I'm jus like u on the no ins deal n know I need several surgeries tho cause been able to get mri's n shit done but preg.ins don't last long enuff after delivery to git r done! Lol. Good luck cousin and congradulations, I'm happy for u and jealous at the same time!! Lol xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brace to face your fears. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete