Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So far so good.

As most everybody knows, I have been seeing a weight loss (bariatric) doctor and I am on the way to having a weight loss surgery. I am going to be getting the gastric sleeve. I am super excited about this, and so ready to be on the healthy highway. In doing all of this, I have had to face some fears, (going to the doctor) and so far I have gotten good reports. I go back to my family doctor in the morning to get the results from all my blood work and pap smear that I had 2 weeks ago. I am scared to death of this, but I figure if it is really bad news,  then they would have called me by now? I hope so anyway.

My husband had weight loss surgery 2 years ago (next month) and he has been miserable ever since. He had the lap band done. He has not lost any weight with it, and gets hung up every single time he eats, regardless of what it is most of the time. Those of you that have lap band, or knows someone with it, then you know what I am talking about when I say hung up. Well, guess what, he is getting it taken out and he too is going to have the gastric sleeve done. He will probably be able to have his surgery next month since he has been through everything and they are submitting all his stuff to the insurance as a revision. If everything goes according to plan for him, then he will be having his surgery around February 12th.
We have kind of been watching how much we are eating for the last couple of weeks, and we have almost completely cut out soft drinks and today when we weighed we both have lost weight...without even trying.

The hardest thing, for me anyway, so far, has been the soft drinks. I am like a fucking crack whore when it comes to that fountain Dr. Pepper. We both went without for a couple of days, but then by the 3rd day we broke down and went to Mc Donalds for a dollar drink. Bob said his was fantastic, I said mine tasted like shit. I didn't drink it. Since then, I have drank a soft drink almost everyday, and everyday it is the same...I do not like them, yet it is like I am begging myself to like them and crave them again. Stupid I know.

The next thing on the agenda...QUIT SMOKING!!! The only way this is going to happen is cold turkey. I can do it. I know I can. The Hubs on the other hand...Ugh, not looking forward to this part, but we shall do it...without killing each other in the process.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment