Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Stupidity, selfish....

Ok, I have completely washed my hands of a life long friend and all of her family. I am D-O-N-E, done!

As stated in previous posts, Joni's daughter Alex asked me to help her find a couple that would adopt her baby when it was born because she knew that she could not take care of it, and she is not ready to be a mother. Not to mention, mentally, she is not ready to be a mother. She is almost 20 and is mentally about 16. All bullshit aside.

Well, Saturday, the 19th, Alex went into labor and went to the hospital and when they decided they would keep her until she had the baby, she called the adoptive mom and told her what was going on and asked her to drive to Austin and come to the hospital, so without hesitation, the adoptive mother did just that. After being up all day and taking care of her own 4 year old, she drove in the middle of the night to be with Alex.
The baby was born at 4:27  the next after noon, on the 20th.
Yesterday, the 21st, I got the call that Alex was possibly going to change her mind. Alex said she needed me to be with her to help her and support her and let her know that giving the baby up was the best thing she could do. Without hesitation I drove to Austin to be with her, and be supportive and reassure her that even though this was a hard choice, it was the best choice. Well, by the time I got there, she apparently already had her mind made up and was keeping the baby. That is her right, and I get that, 100%, I get it.
I talked to her for about 30-45 minutes I guess and tried to tell her how hard it is to take care of a baby and so on. I asked her what made he change her mind, and she said "he's just too cute to give away" and that if he wasn't so cute, it would be easier???!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

I am still too pissed off to really think straight and write about it.

Alex wanted everybody to leave the room and send the adoptive mother in the room so that she could tell her. THAT was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever had to listen to. Even though I was not in the room, I could head everything. HORRIBLE!


I feel in my heart that the baby is going to be physically hurt.....
I have expressed my concerns with the hospital and social services.

No comments:

Post a Comment